Join us for this year’s Festival of Hawks on the weekends of September 14/15 & 21/22 at Holiday Beach Conservation Area. The festival runs from 9am to 3pm each day. A variety of activities will take place throughout the festival weekends.
Visit the Essex Region Conservation Authority to see the schedule of events for the 2019 Festival of Hawks. The festival has moved to the main picnic area at Holiday Beach this year due to high water levels in the vicinity of the hawk tower
Educational programs will compliment the ongoing bird banding and live hawk display throughout both weekends. Local experts will be on-site to teach on a wide range of birding and nature-related topics. These programs include:
- HBMO’s Bob Pettit will share his years of experience on identifying hawks in flights.
- Ted Kloske, of Henry’s Windsor, and Alex Denonville will help budding photographers get their best nature shot.
- Learn about the mystery of the iconic monarch butterfly with Gina Pannunzio of ERCA, and Paul Desjardins of Essex County Nature.
- HBMO’s Jeremy Hatt will share his tips and tricks on using mobile applications like iNaturalist
- learn the Who’s Who of Native Plants by Vic Bernyk, Native Trees and Plants
Programs are free with the park’s admission fee of $15 per vehicle.